I used to think that Roasted Butternut Squash was a snobby food choice. Then I tasted it and realized what an ass I was being.
If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you’ve probably figured out how much I love my Vitamix. Good news is, I was making this soup last year before I had one and it was still DELICIOUS. To give credit where it’s due, I learned how to make it from my girl Heather Pierce, creator of the Go Feed Yourself Method. She’s a healthy cooking genius and many of my great recipe ideas are inspired by her in some way, shape, or form.
The recipe and instructions are super simple, here you go:
1 large butternut squash
olive or coconut oil (I prefer coconut oil these days)
1 onion, diced
2-3 carrots diced (note, if you don’t have a fantastic blender, dice them as thin as possible)
ground black pepper
nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Chop veggies and add to roasting pan with oil, salt, and pepper
3. Roast until squash is tender, about 35 minutes
4. Add veggies, broth, and cinnamon to a pot and bring to boil
5. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes
6. Blend and enjoy! (Before I had the Vitamix I was just using an immersion blender right in the pan, really easy!)